Football season is upon us, which means lots of salty, potassium rich snack foods. The average potato chip contains roughly 400 mg of potassium per serving and 200 mg of sodium! This can really set you back if you're on a low potassium and sodium diet. At VidaFuel we've formulated the perfect football treat with our Spicy BBQ "potato" chips. These single serving snacks let you enjoy the taste of a potato chip with 1/4 of the potassium and less sodium than the leading brands of potato chips.
Need more reasons to buy VidaFuel Spicy BBQ chips? They can even be used in recipes! Try this delicious recipe for BBQ chicken tenders at your next tailgate!
VidaFuel BBQ Chicken Tenders
Makes 8 servings (2 strips per person)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 16 strips
2 bags VidaFuel BBQ Chips
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place BBQ chips in a large plastic bag. Using your hands crush chips until they are roughly ground. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat the egg and set aside.
- Dip chicken strips into egg mixture and then roll the chicken in chip mixture until coated on all sides.
- Place chicken strips onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 170 degrees and coating is crispy.
Nutrition per serving: 99 calories, 3.5 carbs, 66 mg sodium, 171 mg potassium, 137 mg phosphorus